Paint Pots began at St. John's church in September 1998, as the result of an idea by one of our Church members, to start an Art Group to bring together people who love to paint, but can’t always find the time. In this busy modern world, with work and family commitments, a regular meeting provides space to paint in an encouraging, friendly environment, with time for a cup of tea and a chat! Members are at different levels of skill, and many enjoy using watercolours, but it’s encouraging being able to learn from each other, and attempt something new.
PAINT POTS MISSION STATEMENT
We all see
We all paint differently
We aim not so much to paint a perfect painting,
but to perfect the art of enjoying making the painting.
Our purpose is to help each other to enjoy our painting.
During the last 10 years, Paint Pots members have;
- Enjoyed days out, including the art galleries of Edinburgh.
- Welcomed new members.
- Helped with the Holiday Club artwork.
- Provided artwork, via PowerPoint, for Church services at Easter and Harvest.
- Produced a Members calendar of our paintings.
- Helped with an Art competition, as part of the “Party in the Park” in Kingston Park during 2008.
But our main purpose has always been to just enjoy painting, and each other’s company!